18Wheels Motorcycle Association By-laws
18Wheels Motorcycle Association is designed exclusively for all CDL truck drivers; Commercial class and class A & B. whether they are a man or a woman, active or retired. We are an Association that gathers for the satisfaction of riding motorcycles, promoting brotherhood among its members and spending time with likeminded folks. We are open to ANYONE with a passion for motorcycles and who has, or has had, a CDL driver’s license. We welcome all styles of motorcycles and are always on the lookout for possible new members. 18Wheels is a Motorcycle Association that can NEVER become an MC "Motorcycle Club". We are non-territorial and will hereafter be called and referred to as “18Wheels Motorcycle Association”.
Our By-laws are simple and are to be followed.
1. There are two classifications of members in 18WheelsMA: A DRIVER MEMBER and a NON-DRIVER MEMBER.
-The first classification is a DRIVER MEMBER. A DRIVER MEMBER is an individual that either holds a CDL driver’s license or has held a CDL driver’s license but is now retired.
-The second classification is a NON-DRIVER MEMBER. A NON-DRIVER MEMBER does not and has not ever held a CDL driver’s license and MUST be sponsored by a DRIVER MEMBER.
Both a DRIVER MEMBER AND A NON-DRIVER MEMBER display our family crest and all other patches on their jacket or cut with one exception: only the CDL driver, active or retired, will wear a specific pin or patch that only a driver will receive or is allowed to wear. In the case that the two members are no longer married or in a relationship, the NON-DRIVER MEMBER MUST AND WILL surrender the family crest patch to 18Wheels Motorcycle Association. ALL patches, provided by 18Wheels Motorcycle Association, are ultimately the property of 18Wheels Motorcycle Association. In the event that the DRIVER MEMBER by whatever means, passes away, the NON-DRIVER MEMBER will be welcome to remain a member, but will be referred to as an HONORARY MEMBER (The Honorary Member does not pay any dues, but only receives a member shirt if they attend a Non-specified number of events during the year
2. OFFICERS. There are only five types of officers within 18Wheels.
(1). The Association President. (2). The Association Vice President. (3). The Liason. (4). The Regional Representitives. and (5). The contact person, Until a Chapter President is appointed. If, as an officer within 18Wheels, you choose to display your rank. Be sure that your rank is clear. (Example) If you’re a chapter president, it should clearly read, CHAPTER PRESIDENT.
3. Becoming a member means that you agree to abide by all rules laid out for each member of 18Wheels. You will show respect to other members of this Association as well as members of other Associations, Organizations and Clubs. You will conduct yourself in a manner not to bring disgrace or harm to our Association or it’s members, or any other Club, Association or their Members.
4. Attendance to any of our rides, gatherings or even regular meetings, may be encouraged by a chapter president or other members, BUT IS NEVER MANDATORY.
5. If an individual is interested in starting a chapter, a request to start a chapter may be sent to the 18Wheels HQ at..... http://www.18wheelsma.com/Chapters.html
6. 18Wheels is not exclusive. An 18Wheels member may belong to another Association or Club
7. If a member moves to another location that has an 18Wheels chapter, that member automatically becomes a member of that local chapter.
8. Any decision by a chapter President may be appealed by a chapter member, or members, and overturned by the chapter members. A two-thirds majority vote is needed to overturn a Chapter President’s decision.
9. The duties of a STATE REPRESENTATIVE are to stay in contact with their Chapter Presidents, in regards to activity within the chapter (or lack of it). The duties of the CHAPTER PRESIDENTS are to arrange or help organize rides, along with their chapter members throughout the year.
10. Annual RENEWAL dues are payable at http://www.18wheelsma.com/Join.html, before APRIL of each year (unless you are on a lifetime membership plan). ANY new or renewal dues collected in the months of DEC, JAN, FEB OR MARCH, will be posted as paid for that year. (Example): if you pay for a new membership or renewal your old membership on FEB 13, 2019 your membership is paid in full through APR 30, of 2020
11. Chapters are created, and Chapter Presidents (or area contacts) are appointed by the Regional Representatives and requires, the Association President, and Vice President to close a chapter or remove a chapter President. (OR) two-thirds majority vote by that chapter’s members.
12. A Diesel mechanic ,with no CDL, may join 18Wheels with full membership as a DRIVER MEMBER but will wear a patch or pin that is designed specifically for a Diesel Mechanic and not the same as a DRIVER MEMBER
13. The Association Liaison: The association liaison is appointed by the association president and vice president. This officer speaks and listens with the same authority of either the association president or vice president. NOTE: This officer is the eyes and ears of HQ. Decisions and/or recommendations by this officer are rarely over ridden by the association president or vice president (though they can be).
14.Following THE CHAIN OF COMMAND: Members, please speak to your contact or your chapter president if you have any questions or concerns. If you don’t feel that your questions or concerns were adequately addressed, you may contact the association Liaison (but only after several attempts to speak to your chapter president have been made).
15. 18Wheels members WILL HAVE FUN!
18Wheels Motorcycle Association.com