18Wheels Motorcycle Association is designed exclusively for all CDL truck drivers; Commercial class and class A & B, whether they are a man or a woman, active or retired. We are an Association that gathers for the satisfaction of riding motorcycles, promoting brotherhood amoung it's members and spending time with like-minded folks. We are open to ANYONE with a passion for motorcycles and who has, or has had, a CDL driver’s license. We welcome all styles of motorcycles and are always on the lookout for possible new members. 18Wheels is a Motorcycle Association that can NEVER become an MC "Motorcycle Club". We are non-territorial and will hereafter be called and referred to as “18Wheels Motorcycle Association”.
Our By-laws are simple and are to be followed.
1. There are four classifications of members in 18WheelsMA: A DRIVER MEMBER, a NON-DRIVER MEMBER,
A Diesel Mechanic, and a Sponsored / Support MEMBER.
-The first classification is a DRIVER MEMBER. A DRIVER MEMBER is an individual that either holds a CDL driver’s license or has held a CDL driver’s license but is now retired.
-The second classification is a NON-DRIVER MEMBER. A NON-DRIVER MEMBER does not and has not ever held a CDL driver’s license and MUST be sponsored by a DRIVER MEMBER (their spouse). (If only in a relationship. The relationship should be more than 6 months old in order for the Non-Driver Member to be considered for wearing the 18Wheels Crest).
-The third classification is a SPONSORED OR SUPPORT MEMBER. A SPONSORED OR SUPPORT MEMBER is a member that does not nor ever has held a CDL driver's license. (Each driver may sponsor their spouse/girl or boy friend, plus four other non CDL holders to join 18Wheels). They will be recognized as full members but may not be an officer or start a chapter.
Both a DRIVER MEMBER AND A NON-DRIVER MEMBER display our family crest and all other patches on their jacket or cut with one exception: only the CDL driver, active or retired, will wear a specific pin or patch that only a driver will receive or is allowed to wear. In the case that the two members are no longer married or in a relationship, the NON-DRIVER MEMBER MUST AND WILL surrender the family crest patch to 18Wheels Motorcycle Association. In the event that the DRIVER MEMBER by whatever means, passes away, the NON-DRIVER MEMBER will be welcome to remain a member, but will be referred to as an HONORARY MEMBER. (The Honorary Member does not pay any dues but only receives an Annual member shirt if they attend a non-specified number of events during the year
The SPONSORED OR SUPPORT MEMBER displays our 18Wheels family crest, but with the initials SM on the bottom left hand side of the 18Wheels patch (both patches MUST be touching each other). Also, rather than the Steel Horse Cowboys/Cowgirls displayed on their cut, there will be a 4" x 4" 18Wheels support patch. This member MAY NOT display the Steel Horse Cowboy/Cowgirl patch on a jacket of a cut.
- A DIESEL MECHANIC, with no CDL, may join 18Wheels with full membership as a DRIVER MEMBER but will wear a patch or pin that is designed specifically for a Diesel Mechanic and not the same as a DRIVER MEMBER with a CDL.
2. OFFICERS: The types of officers within 18Wheels.
A. Association President, Association Vice President, Liaison, Regional Representative, State Representative / Contact person / Chapter President, Chapter Vice President, Road Captain, As an officer within 18Wheels, you may choose to display your rank on your cut or jacket. Be sure that your rank is clear. (Example) If you’re a Chapter President, it should clearly read, CHAPTER PRESIDENT.
B. There may also be a Chaplin, Treasurer, Secretary.
C. The Association Liaison: The Association Liaison is appointed by the Association President and Vice President. This officer speaks and listens with the same authority of either the Association President or Vice President. NOTE: This officer is the eyes and ears of HQ. Decisions and/or recommendations by this officer are rarely overridden by the Association President or Vice President (though they can be).
D. The duties of a REGIONAL REPRESENTATIVE are to stay in contact with their State Representative and the Chapter Presidents in regards to activity within the chapter (or lack of it).
E. The duties of the State Representative are to keep in touch with and encourage Chapter Presidents and to answer any questions that arise. The State Representative is appointed by the Regional Representative.
F. The duties of the CHAPTER PRESIDENTS are to arrange or help organize rides along with their chapter members throughout the year. Chapter Presidents are appointed by the Regional Representative and requires the Association President and Vice President to close a chapter or remove a chapter President. (OR) two-thirds majority vote by that chapter’s members.
- Following THE CHAIN OF COMMAND: Members, please speak to your Contact / Chapter President if you have any questions or concerns. If you don’t feel that your questions or concerns were adequately addressed, you may contact the Association Liaison (but only after several attempts to speak to your Chapter President have been made).
- Any decision by a Chapter President may be appealed by a chapter member or members and overturned by the chapter members. A two-thirds majority vote is needed to overturn a Chapter President’s decision.
- If an individual is interested in starting a chapter, a request to start a chapter may be sent to the 18Wheels HQ at..... http://www.18wheelsma.com/Chapters.html
- If a member moves to another location that has an 18Wheels chapter, that member automatically becomes a member of that local chapter.
3. Becoming a MEMBER means that you agree to abide by all rules laid out for each MEMBER of 18Wheels. You will show respect to other MEMBERS of this Association as well as MEMBERS of other Associations, Organizations and Clubs. You will conduct yourself in a manner not to bring disgrace or harm to our Association or it’s MEMBERS or any other Club, Association or their MEMBERS. NOTE: A members patches are not to be pulled by any member or officer of 18Wheels. WE DO NOT PRACTICE PULLING PATCHES. Though they can be told that they are no longer welcome to ride with a chapter.
4. 18Wheels is not exclusive. An 18Wheels member may belong to another Association or Club.
5. Attendance to any of our rides, gatherings or even regular meetings, may be encouraged by a Chapter President or other members, BUT IS NEVER MANDATORY.
6. Annual RENEWAL dues are payable at http://www.18wheelsma.com/Join.html, before APRIL of each year (unless you are on a lifetime membership plan). ANY new or renewal dues collected in the months of DEC, JAN, FEB OR MARCH, will be posted as paid for that year. (Example): if you pay for a new membership or renew your old membership on FEB 13, 2019 your membership is paid in full through APR 30, of 2020.
7. 18Wheels members WILL HAVE FUN!