18Wheels Motorcycle Association By-laws
18Wheels Motorcycle Association is designed for ALL truck drivers; class A, B, and CDL, whether they are a man or a woman, active or retired. We are an Association that gathers for the utter satisfaction of riding motorcycles, promoting brotherhood among it's members and spending time with like minded folks. We are open to ANYONE with a passion for motorcycles and who has, or has had, a CDL driver’s license. We welcome all styles of motorcycles and are always on the look out for possible new members. 18Wheels is a Motorcycle Association that can NEVER become an MC "Motorcycle Club". We are non-territorial and will hereafter be called and referred to as “18Wheels Motorcycle Association”.
Our By-laws are simple and are to be followed.
1. There are two classifications of members in 18WheelsMA: A DRIVER MEMBER and a NON-DRIVER MEMBER.
-The first classification is a DRIVER MEMBER. A DRIVER MEMBER is an individual that either holds a CDL license or has held a CDL license but is now retired.
-The second classification is a NON-DRIVER MEMBER. A NON-DRIVER MEMBER does not and has not ever held a CDL license and must be sponsored by a DRIVER MEMBER.
The NON-DRIVER MEMBER must be sponsored by a DRIVER MEMBER to be a member and is either the spouse of that DRIVER MEMBER or is in a relationship with them.
Both a DRIVER MEMBER AND A NON-DRIVER MEMBER display our family crest and all other patches on their jacket or cut with one exception: only the CDL driver, active or retired, will wear a specific pin or patch that only a driver will receive or is allowed to wear. In the case that the two members are no longer married or in a relationship, the NON-DRIVER MEMBER MUST AND WILL surrender the family crest patch to 18Wheels Motorcycle Association. ALL patches, provided by 18Wheels Motorcycle Association, are ultimately the property of 18Wheels Motorcycle Association. In the event that the DRIVER MEMBER by any means passes away, the NON-DRIVER MEMBER will be welcome to stay a member but will be referred to as an HONORARY MEMBER.
2. OFFICERS. There are only five types of officers within 18Wheels.
The Association President. The Association Vice President. The Liason. The Regional Representitives. and The Chapter Presidents. If, as an officer within 18Wheels, you choose to display your rank. Be sure that your rank is clear. (Example) If you’re a chapter president, it should clearly read, CHAPTER PRESIDENT.
3. Becoming a member means that you agree to abide by all rules laid out for each and every member of 18WheelsMA. You will show respect to other members of this Association as well as members of other Associations, Organizations and Clubs. You will conduct yourself in a manner not to bring disgrace or harm to our Association or it’s members, or any other Club, Association or their Members.
4. Attendance to any of our rides, gatherings or even regular meetings, may be encouraged by a chapter president or other members, BUT IS NEVER MANDATORY.
5. If an individual is interested in starting a chapter in their location which currently does not have an 18WheelsMA chapter within 20 miles, a request to start a chapter may be sent to either the National President or Vice President. If this request is granted (to the Regional Representative) no other 18WheelsMA chapter may be established within a tweenty mile radius of that chapter’s central location, without the approval of that chapter president.
6. 18WheelsMA is not exclusive. An 18WheelsMA member may belong to another Motorcycle Association or Club
7. All patches and pins, provided by 18WheelsMA, are ultimately the property of 18Wheels Motorcycle Association and will be surrendered immediately to 18WheelsMA upon request (regardless of their condition). This request can only be made by the Association president, vice-president or State Representative. This request can not be made by a chapter president or another member.
8. If a member moves to another location that has an 18WheelsMA chapter, that member will automatically become a member of that local chapter.
9. If a member moves to a location that does not have an 18WheelsMA chapter within 20 miles, that member may start a chapter and that member may become the chapter President .
10. Any decision by a chapter President may be appealed by a chapter member, or members, and overturned by the chapter members. A two-thirds majority vote is needed to overturn a Chapter President’s decision.
11. The duties of a STATE REPRESENTATIVE are to stay in contact with ALL of the Chapter Presidents in regards to activity in the chapter (or lack of it). The duties of the CHAPTER PRESIDENTS are to arrange or organize rides throughout the months for their chapter or ask one of their own chapter members to organize one.
12. Annual RENEWAL dues must be in before APRIL of each year. Sent in by mail or paid, through our web site at 18WheelsMA.com.
NOTE: 18WheelsMA does not accept membership DUES in the months of DEC, JAN & FEB but DOES accept MEMBERS. You may become a full member of 18WheelsMA in those months, but no dues will be accepted or expected until before APRIL of each year.
13. Chapter Presidents are appointed by the Regional Representatives and requires, the Association President, and Vice President to remove a chapter President. (OR) two-thirds majority vote by that chapter’s members.
14. A Diesel mechanic ,with no CDL, may join 18WheelsMA with full membership as a DRIVER MEMBER but will wear a patch or pin that is designed specifically for a Diesel Mechanic and not the same as a DRIVER MEMBER
15. 18WheelsMA members WILL HAVE FUN!
18WheelsMA CHAPTERS are welcome to make copies and prints of the 18WheelsMA family crest (in a one color design) for their chapter members or chapter events, only for such events as poker runs and benefit rides, not to resell to other members or the public.
18Wheels Motorcycle Association.com
From March 15, 2012 to March 15, 2015, INDIVIDUAL CHAPTER MEMBERS ONLY are hereby given consent and encouraged by 18WheelsMA to copy, print and profit from the 18WheelsMA family crest under the following conditions:
( 1.) 18WheelsMA family crest is to be placed on the left front chest of a shirt (colored or without color).
( 2.) 18WheelsMA family crest is no larger than half the size of any image, on the back of a shirt
(and the image not being larger than half the space of the back of the shirt).
( 3.) Absolutely NO PATCHES of the18WheelsMA family crest, embroidered, printed or other, may be reproduced or sold. Embroidered crest of any size MUST be ordered through the 18WheelsMA.com web site and not reproduced.